Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jivamuktea Cafe

I am sitting in Jivamuktea Cafe after a lovely meal with my friend Ariela and I am doing some design work for the wonderful www.yourbellalife.com. Although this place is a bit more expensive than I would like, the food is scrumptious and always satisfying. It is also such an easy place to meet groups of people because of the casual vibe.

I woke up this morning, thanked the universe for being alive and also for a restorative night's sleep. I meditated and ate my breakfast of Food for Life's Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain- Cinnamon Raisin cereal with almond milk. I usually have some fresh produce when I wake up but wasn't feelin' it today so I ate this. At Jivamuktea, I had the Montana salad: spicy tempeh, quinoa and avocado served over mized greens with tumeric tahini dressing. This bowl was extremely satisfying and I felt energized afterwards. I am sitting in the cafe doing work and an hour after lunch I wanted to get a smoothie because I heard they were deelish. They have "Chakra Smoothies" and there is one that goes with each chakra: enlightened (crown), wisdom (third eye), truth (throat), love (heart), confident (solar plexus), sexy smoothie (sacral) and abundant (root). I got the Enlightened Smoothie which is made with banana, fresh ginger, agave nectar and coconut water. I felt a bit sluggish after finishing this and notice this itchy feeling in my throat. It probably has to do with the temperature of the smoothie and my sensitivity to cold things. I am going to do some research on this and I will share what I learn.

Danielle Boonstra, writer of nourishthyself, posted this quote today and I thought I would leave you with it. Also, check her blog out- it's super inspiring.

"The appearances are that our bodies & our circumstances control our thoughts, but the opposite is true. Our thoughts control our bodies & our circumstances." - Emilie Cady

1 comment: