Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Love Affair with "Why?"

As a seeker and a full-time student of life, I find myself always asking the tough questions. Trying to dig deeper. Trying to understand, um, everything.

What is that?
Why does it exist?
Where did it come from?
Why? Why? Why?

I am obsessed with understanding why things have become they way they have. I have been having a love affair with "Why?"

But what I didn't stop to consider was that my reasons, my answers, may have helped me make sense of my immediate universe but they are not the final answers. My answer is the answer that comes from my one tiny, limited perspective. And even as I expand my consciousness and receive the answers from that expanded perspective, it's still only another perspective.

So, I will keep up my love affair of "Why?" but with the awareness that this life is a mystery for sure.

This reminds me of my favorite quote:
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions - Rilke


I here on out pledge to love the questions and accept that I won't fully understand all of my emotions, or other's emotions. I won't fully understand why I am the way I am and I won't understand why others are the way they are. I accept that and am ready to feel all that I need to feel without trying to wrap my head around my emotions.

Because the head can't always understand the matters of the heart.


Cheers to loving the questions. Keep on asking, my fellow "Why?"ers!

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment