Friday, November 5, 2010

Butternut Squash Deelish-ish-ness

Now that I am getting more in tune with my body, I am listening to the messages it is providing me with and I am listening! I am craving food that is in season and foods that warm me up now that it is getting colder. RIGHT ON!

Today I had an amazing butternut squash soup from Ella Cafe in Williamsburg. If you are ever in Williamsburg, you have to stop by this cafe. The wood interior makes for a rustic, homey atmosphere and the mostly organic menu has a great selection of food for meat lovers and veggies a like. That really just sounded like a review for the cafe but I promise you they didn't hire me to say that! Bottom line: check it out.



Butternut squash and pumpkins as well as orange root vegetables like sweet potatoes and carrots are loaded with beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant. You may know that beta-carotene is the protector of vision, but it is also thought to protect against breast cancer and repair damaged skin as well, slowing the signs of aging. And to top off these benefits, they are downright tasty.

Enjoy your orange root vegetables! <3

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely if I will be attending the lecture and I would love to answer your questions regarding IIN and health coaching! I will keep in touch!! :) soup looks delicious by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I was actually just noticing the same thing re: cravings. While during the summer, I couldn't eat enough berries, I've found my taste for berries has waned considerably, and I'm craving seasonal produce. Our bodies are so intelligent... what a process trying to figure it out has been/will continue to be.

    ReplyDelete